Skip to main navigation.

Utility Bill Assistance


There are a number of energy assistance programs in Boone County. Programs have various requirements and limits. All programs are subject to the availability of funds.

The agencies listed below require an appointment to complete an assistance application or to visit a counselor. Please call to schedule your appointment prior to your delinquent date to avoid disconnection and additional fees.

If you don't live in Boone County, please contact your county's DFS or HDC office for assistance.

Columbia/Boone County Health Department - Year-round assistance.
573-874-7355, 1005 West Worley Street, Columbia

Central Missouri Community Action - Year-round assistance. Walk in for appointment. 573-443-1100, 807-A North Providence Road, Columbia

United Way 2-1-1
800-427-4626 or dial 211 from a landline phone.

H.E.L.P. is a program for families with children (assistance available once in a 12-month period);
C.A.S.H. is a program for senior citizens and disabled individuals (aid available only twice in a 12-month period).
Learn more about these two programs.

Powered by Touchstone Energy Cooperatives Logo
Coop Connections Card Cooperative Action Network